|Full Name||Paul David Hewson|
|Nick Name||Bono, Bon, B-Man, The Mirrorball Man|
|Birth Date||10 May 1960|
|Birth Place||Dublin, Ireland|
|Occupation||Musician, Singer-Songwriter, Venture Capitalist, Businessman, Philanthropist|
|First Song||“11 O’Clock Tick Tock” (1980)|
|First Album||In the Name of the Father|
|Net Worth||$590 million|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 168 cm|
|Weight||174 lbs or 79 kg|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Brendan Robert Hewson|
|Daughters||Eve Hewson and Jordan Hewson|
|Sons||Elijah Hewson and John Hewson|
Paul David Hewson, known as Bono, is an Irish singer-songwriter, musician, philanthropist, venture capitalist, and also a businessman. He is the frontman and primary lyricist of rock band U2. His lyrics are mostly based on social and political themes and also on Christian beliefs. He has received 22 Grammy Awards as a member of U2 and has been introduced into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Bono attended the Glasnevin National School and the Mount Temple Comprehensive School. He and his friends were part of a surrealist street gang called “Lypton Village” during his early years. He also met Guggi in Lypton Village who is one of his closest friends.
1. He got his nickname from a hearing-aid store Bonavox (Latin for ‘good voice’) as his buddies started calling him Bono Vox.
2. His mother passed away due to a cerebral aneurysm when he was 14 years old.
3. In July 1984, he interviewed Bob Dylan for the magazine Hot Press at Bob Dylan’s concert at Dublin’s Slane Castle, just before flubbing the lyrics to ‘Blowin’ in the Wind’ onstage with him.
4. In 2007, he was named Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in appreciation of his humanitarian work throughout the world, but, because he’s not a British citizen, he wasn’t granted with the title ‘Sir” before his name.
5. He has appeared himself in the films ‘Entropy’ and ‘Bruno,’ as well as an episode of ‘Entourage.’
6. He addressed the graduating class of Harvard University in 2001 in which he stated “My name is Bono and I’m a rock star. Now, I tell you this not as a boast but as a kind of confession. Because in my view the only thing worse than a rock star is a rock star with a conscience.”
7. He acquired a 1.5% stake in Facebook in 2010 and that percentage is estimated to be worth nearly $1 billion.
8. He’s the only person to be nominated for a Grammy, an Oscar, a Golden Globe and the Nobel Peace Prize.
9. He does not like the band name U2.
Ali Hewson (1982-present)
Bono and an Irish Activist Ali Hewson have been married for 35 years since August 21, 1982.