David Koch Biography
|Full Name||David Hamilton Koch|
|Birthdate||May 3, 1940|
|Occupation||Businessman, philanthropist, political activist, and chemical engineer|
|Net Worth||$50.6 billion|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||6 ft 4 in or 1.96 m|
|Father||Fred C. Koch|
|Spouse||Julia Margaret Flesher|
|Daughter||Mary Julia Koch|
|Sons||David Koch Jr. and John Mark Koch|
|Brothers||Charles Koch and Bill Koch|
David Hamilton Koch, an American businessperson and chemical engineer, is famous as a Vice President of Koch Industries. Koch Industries, his family business, is a conglomerate which is the second-largest privately held company in the United States. He was the 1980 candidate for Vice President of the United States from the United States Libertarian Party in 1980.
David Koch graduated in 1959 from the Deerfield Academy prep school in Massachusetts. He earned a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1962 & 1963 respectively. He played basketball at MIT, averaging 21 points per game at MIT over three years, which is a school record.
1. He held the single-game scoring record with 41 points from 1962 until 2009 in MIT.
2. He is an influential libertarian.
3. He joined Koch Industries in 1970.
4. He became president of the subsidiary Koch Engineering in 1979.
5. He became a co-owner of Koch Industries, with older brother Charles, in 1983.
6. He is the fourth richest person in America and the ninth-wealthiest person in the world, as of 2012 & 2014 respectively.
7. He is a survivor of the USAir Flight 1493 crash in 1991.
David Koch and Julia Fresher married in 1994.