J. Cole Biography
|Full Name||Jermaine Lamarr Cole|
|Nick Name||J. Cole, Blaza, Therapist|
|Birthdate||January 28, 1985|
|Birth Place||Frankfurt, West Germany|
|Occupation||Rapper, Singer, Record Producer, Songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Guitar|
|First Album||Cole World: The Sideline Story (2011)|
|Net Worth||$15 million|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||6 ft 2½ in or 189¼ cm|
|Weight||201 lbs or 91 kg|
|Chest||43 in or 109 cm|
|Arms / Biceps||14 in or 35.5 cm|
|Waist||33 in or 84 cm|
Jermaine Lamarr Cole, an American hip hop artist, was famous after the release of his debut mixtape, The Come Up, in 2007. He released further two mixtapes after signing to Jay-Z’s Roc Nation imprint in 2009. His first album debuted at number one on the US Billboard chart in 2011 and his 2013 album, Born Sinner, also reached number one on the charts.
J. Cole began rapping when he was 12 years old. He saw rapping as an ideal profession after his mother gifted him an ASR-X musical sampler as a Christmas gift in 2000. He graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University.
1. He didn’t officially receive his graduate degree until 2015 as he owed university money for a library book although graduating in 2007.
2. He worked as a file clerk, a bill collector, advert salesman for a newspaper and a mascot at a skating rink before entering the music industry.
3. He started rapping at the age of 15 by joining Bomm Sheltuh, a rap group.
4. Blaza and The Therapist were his stage names before opting for J. Cole.
5. He was born at the United States army base in Frankfurt, Germany.
6. He used to work as a first chair violinist with the Terry Sanford Orchestra until 2003.
7. He was the president of the pan-African student coalition called Haraya while studying at the St. John’s University.
8. While studying at the university, he used to work as kid’s basketball coach in Queens to earn some extra money.
9. He along with Ibrahim Hamad founded Dreamville Records in 2010.
10. He established The Dreamville Foundation in October 2011.
Melissa HeHolt (2016)
J. Cole and Melissa HeHolt have been married for a year since January 18, 2016.